RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
The Ministry of Health confirmed new case of community transmissions of COVID-19 after close to two months of transmission-free period.
- Mass testing and other preventive measures are carried out in northern provinces of Hai Duong and Quang Ninh where the community transmissions started.
- Those who are found to be in close contact with the confirmed cases are required to be quarantined for 21 days instead of the usual 14 days. Strict measures are carried out as the variant COVID-19 strain discovered in UK was detected in the confirmed case.
- The Prime Minister issued a directive to lock down Hai Duong’s Chi Linh Town for 21 days from 28 January noon onwards where 72 cases were discovered in a single company.
- Residents are urged to stay at home and only head out for essential needs, work (at establishments deemed essential) and emergencies. Schools, entertainment outlets and non-essential businesses are required to shut down.
- The directive ordered that transport of goods and materials for production must not be interrupted.
- In Quang Ninh, all passenger transport services, including air, land and water transportations are suspended.