RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Suspension of non-essential services in Ha Noi.
- Since 19 July 2021, citizens have been requested to remain at home and to leave home for essential activities.
- Factories, production facilities and establishments that supply essential goods and services are permitted to operate under strict preventive rules.
- Gathering of more than five persons have been banned.
- Residents are requested to avoid travelling to and from Ha Noi to other localities during this time.
- On 20 July 2021, the Government issued Resolution No. 78/NQ-CP that imposes stricter social distancing rules in COVID-19 hotspots. Cities and provinces that are placed under social distancing according to Government Directive No. 16/CT/TTg are requested to implement the Directive more strictly and strengthen inspection and supervision to ensure compliance from the public.
- Different ministries are tasked to coordinate control efforts. Ministry of Transport is to ensure safe and smooth transportation of essential goods, input materials for production and to coordinate with the Ministry of Health to work out protocols in areas that under currently placed under social distancing. The Ministry of Industry and Trade is to coordinate with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, localities and businesses to ensure smooth distribution of food and essential goods.
- On 18 July 2021, lockdown in Ho Chi Minh City and other 19 cities and provinces was extended for two weeks. This resulted in port congestion in South Vietnam, with backlogs due to slow pick-up or release of import containers.