ENTERING RECOVERY PHASE
Strategic partnership established between Vietnam and New Zealand.
- In view of the impact from COVID-19, Vietnamese Prime Minister suggested the need to maintain bilateral upward trend of trade and strive to raise bilateral trade to US$2 billion annually.
- This presents an opportunity to develop the value chains and for Vietnam’s agricultural products to access a wider market.
- Based on both countries’ mutual interests, the following bilateral cooperation documents were signed by both governments:
– Arrangement between the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and the Ministry of Finance of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam with the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries on the Facilitation of Border Clearance of Agricultural, Forestry and Aquatic Products through the use of Electronic Certification;
– Viet Nam – New Zealand Strategic Engagement Plan on Education 2020-2023;
– Memorandum of Arrangement on Financial Cooperation between the Ministry of Finance of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam and the New Zealand Treasury;
– Arrangement between the Directorate of Vocational Education and Training, of the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs, of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam, and New Zealand Government to Government Know-How relating to cooperation in vocational education and training and skills development.