RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Measures introduced to contain fourth COVID-19 wave from industrial parks.
- Cases have been rising from the two hotspots in northern provinces of Bac Giang and Bac Ninh, which started since late April. The two provinces are the country’s manufacturing hub.
- The Prime Minister announced the vaccination priority that is given to factory workers at industrial parks in Bac Giang and Bac Ninh.
- Businesses, manufacturing facilities and industrial parks were instructed on the implementation of COVID-19 preventive measures and urged to update the outbreak status on the COVID-19 safety map, actively conduct inspections, set up response team and ensure that health declarations are filled up by workers.
- The Ministry of Industry and Trade, as well as the Ministry of Planning and Investment have been tasked to jointly issue a legal document to institutionalise the requirement for factory workers to make health declarations.
- Localities are also requested to step up preventive measures and safety protocols in residential areas and workplaces.
- On 27 May, the Ministry of Transport announced the temporary suspension of international flights to the Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City. The suspension will last til 4 June as the city also goes through a fourth wave of infection. To curb the spread, the city announced the removal of dine-in option in restaurants and only takeaways are permitted.