RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Ho Chi Minh City imposed stricter social distancing rules.
- Starting from 9 July 2021, the city will apply social distancing rules under Government Directive No. 16 and this will take place for 15 days.
- The measures came as the government urged more drastic measures to break the transmission chains.
- The rules are stricter as compared to Government Directive No. 15 that was applied since 31 May.
- Only businesses that are providing essential goods and services are allowed to operate and workers are instructed to adhere to strict health protocols.
- The Ministry of Health issued guidance to have everyone with recent travel records to Ho Chi Minh City to self-isolate at home for a week and local authorities are asked to carry out COVID-19 testing on the first, third and sixth day for the people that are going through self isolation. Travellers are required to make health declaration as well, with negative COVID-19 test results.
- The tightened measures triggered panic-buying in the city where many shelves are emptied.