ENTERING RECOVERY PHASE
Updates on Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) phase in Malaysia.
- Starting from 15 July, the family entertainment centres, including game arcades, funfairs, kids’ gymnasiums and karaoke centres, will be allowed to resume operations with strict adherence to the respective Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Meanwhile, on 15 July, it was reported that the government has announced to reopen the Malaysia-Singapore border on 10 August. Two schemes have been introduced, including
– Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL): To allow cross-border travel for essential trips and official purposes between countries.
– Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA): To enable residents of both countries who hold long-term immigration passes for business and work purposes in the other country to travel. However, they are only allowed to return to their home country after at least three consecutive months in their country of work.
- The government will continue working with the Singapore government to finalise the SOPs for these two schemes.
- The border has been closed since 18 March, when movement control order was first announced.