RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Updates in Malaysia.
- On 02 March 2021, the government has decided to lift the Movement Control Order (MCO) for in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Johor and Penang. The Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO), the mid-tier of control order, will be imposed.
- As of 22 March 2021,
- States/Areas under CMCO: Selangor, Johor, Kelantan, Pulau Pinang, Sarawak, Kuala Lumpur
- States/Areas under Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO): Kedah*, Negeri Sembilan*, Sabah*, Perak, Pahang, Terengganu, Perlis, Melaka, Putrajaya, Labuan
- *A few areas in the respective state are subject to MCO.
- In general,
- Inter-district travel will be allowed in all states in Malaysia, except for Sabah.
- The 10km travel limit has been removed.
- The number of passengers are permitted will depend on the capacity of the vehicle.
- The inter-state travel remains prohibited.
- The respective updated Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) can be accessed here.
- In addition, starting from 11 March, individual who violates the SOP stipulated can be fined up to RM10,000.