RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
The lockdown in India continues in Containment Zones and activities reopened in phased manner in areas outside of Containment Zones.
- The lockdown in Containment Zones continues in place until 30 June 2020, and activities resumed in phased manner in areas outside of Containment Zones.
- Night curfew continues to be imposed throughout the country from 0900pm to 0500am daily, except for the essential activities.
- The activities are conducted with adherence to the Guidelines for Phased Re-opening (Unlock 1).
- For Containment Zones, the lockdown continues in place till 30 June 2020 and only essential activities will be allowed. No movement of people is allowed in or out of these zones, except for emergencies and maintaining essential supply.
IMPACT ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- For food sector, the food manufacturing activities remain unhampered.
- Starting from 8 June 2020, restaurants resume operations as usual in areas outside of Containment Zones.
However, several restrictions and challenges are still being observed in different areas of the country with regards to the food retail sector, including
– In Ahmedabad, the grocery shopping is only allowed from 0700am to 0700pm for 46 micro Containment Zones.
– In Goa, retail store are operating with limited staffs as some of the staffs are staying in Containment Zones. The stocks of processed foods are limited in stores as manufacturers are operating with limited resources, due to the lack of labor and raw materials.
– In Chennai, the challenge is about the lack of labor in handling deliveries and store maintenance.
– In Indore, grocery stores and dairy shops are only allowed to operate with delivery service.