RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
The lockdown in India continues in Containment Zones and activities reopened in phased manner in areas outside of Containment Zones.
- The lockdown in Containment Zones continues in place until 30 June 2020, and activities resumed in phased manner in areas outside of Containment Zones. Night curfew continues to be imposed throughout the country from 0900pm to 0500am daily, except for the essential activities.The activities are conducted with adherence to the Guidelines for Phased Re-opening (Unlock 1).
- For Containment Zones, the lockdown continues in place till 30 June 2020 and only essential activities will be allowed. No movement of people is allowed in or out of these zones, except for emergencies and maintaining essential supply.
- On 16 June, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) issued Guide to Address Stigma associated with COVID-19 to assist public in addressing their concerns and problems associated with COVID-19.
IMPACT ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- For food sector, the food manufacturing activities remain unhampered.
- Starting from 8 June 2020, restaurants resume operations as usual in areas outside of Containment Zones. On 17 June, the Ministry of Tourism issued the Operational Recommendations for Restaurant which aims to minimise all possible physical contacts between staff and guest, maintain social distancing and other preventative measures in preventing COVID-19 at restaurant.