RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Thailand reopens to international visitors in 4 phases.
- On 27 September 2021, COVID-19 Situation Administration Centre (CCSA) announced that Thailand is preparing to downscale COVID-19 requirements for fully vaccinated international tourists and is reopening the country in four phases.
- Starting from 1 October 2021, international travelers who have been fully vaccinated for at least 14 days will only be required to undergo seven days of quarantine upon arrival.
- In each stage, different provinces will be added to the Blue Zone, where travel is not restricted and various social activities as well as gatherings of no more than 500 people are allowed.
- Initial phase covers Phuket and parts of Krabi, Phang Nga and Surat Thani such as the popular islands of Phi Phi, Samui and Phangan (From 1 October to 31 October)
- Second phase covers ten provinces where income from international visitors usually makes up at least 15 per cent of their tourism revenue, including but not limited to Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Chonburi. (From 1 November to 30 November)
- Third phase take place on 1 December to 31 December
- Last phase take effect from January 2022 onwards