RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Extension of COVID-19 Restrictions & Emergency Degree.
- On 31 May 2021, Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reverted Bangkok’s decision to permit five types of businesses to reopen from 1st June 2021.
- Instead, the COVID-19 restrictions (i.e. Order of Temporary Closure of Premises (No. 29)) in place in Bangkok will be extended until 14 June 2021.
- Refer here for more information on these COVID-19 restrictions in Bangkok.
- On 27 May 2021, Thailand’s Cabinet announced the extension of the Emergency Decree nationwide with effect from 1 June 2021 till 31 July 2021.
- This announcement was attributed to the recent resurgence of COVID-19 infections in various clusters and the rising number of deaths, as well as the need to set up quarantine facilities and field hospitals to cope with the situation.