RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Emergency decree extended for another month to the end of July.
- The extension of the state of emergency is to support the beginning of the school semester and the fifth phase of relaxation measures which started on 1 July.
- The presence of emergency decree allows state agencies to take immediate steps including the closure of Thailand’s borders, businesses and leisure activities should a second wave occur.
- The following activities and operations are permitted to resume in the fifth and final phase of relaxation with certain conditions:
– Department stores, shopping malls, and community malls are to close at 10pm
– Convenience stores are allowed to open for 24 hours
– Pubs, bars and karaoke services cannot operate later than midnight and at least 1m of distance has to be observed between people
- If the situation continues to progress positively, the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) will reduce the number of days reporting on the COVID-19 situation to two days per week (Mondays and Thursdays).