RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Discussion on the shortening of mandatory quarantine period for foreign travellers.
- There was discussion to shorten the quarantine period from two weeks to ten days for general arrival and seven days for travellers who have gone through the vaccination. The approval was given and will start on 1 April. This is to boost the tourism industry by shortening or lifting quarantine periods and increasing the activities that are allowed for those under quarantine.
- Travellers from countries with cases of COVID-19 mutations will still to complete the 14-day quarantine.
- In parallel, decisions are discussed on the recognition of vaccine certificates as the country looks at opening up borders.
- The relaxation of quarantine measures will be carried out in phases.
- Ahead of the Songkran festival in April, the government bans water splashing and foam parties.