RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
CECC announced that travellers must take quarantine vehicles to their quarantine location.
- On 27 June 2021, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that in response to spread of Delta variant globally, travellers arriving in Taiwan from the seven key high-risk countries, shall take quarantine vehicles arranged by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications to go to group quarantine facilities, effective from 27 June 2021.
- The key high-risk countries include Brazil, India, the UK, Peru, Israel, Indonesia, and Bangladesh.
- Besides, for travellers arriving from countries other than the seven high-risk countries, they are requested to take quarantine vehicles at their own expense or drive their own vehicles to a quarantine hotel or a group quarantine facility where they plan to stay at their own expense.
- On 1 July 2021, it was announced that CECC will tighten health monitoring measures for travellers arriving from 2 July 2021 onwards.
- Travellers who visited high-risk countries in the past two weeks will be required to quarantine in group quarantine facilities for 14 days, and undergo PCR tests for COVID-19 upon checking in at group quarantine facilities and at the end of their quarantine. In addition, a rapid home test will be required between the 10th and 12th day of quarantine period.
- Travellers who did not visit high-risk countries in the past two weeks will be required to take a deep-throat saliva test and a PCR test upon arrival at an airport or a port in Taiwan. They are also requested to take a quarantine vehicle to a quarantine hotel or a group quarantine facility where they plan to complete quarantine at their own expense for the 14-day quarantine. A PCR test will be taken between the 12th and 14th day of the quarantine and a rapid home test will be taken between 10th and 12th day of the quarantine.
- Last but not least,all travellers arrived testing positive for COVID-19 will be subjected to genome sequencing.
- Meanwhile, the government has started to consider the lifting of restriction after 12 July.