ENTERING RECOVERY PHASE
Sri Lanka further relaxed restrictions.
- On 16 July 2021, the Sri Lanka Director-General of Health Services issued new health guidelines to relax restrictions.
- Under the new guidelines:
- Places of worship will be allowed to open and separate guidelines will be issued for the operation.
- Zoological parks will be allowed to open with 25% capacity to be admitted at a time.
- Wildlife park & reserves, adventure sites, camping sites, children playground will be allowed to open.
- Indoor musical shows will be allowed with 50% seating capacity, however, outdoor concerts and festival will not be permitted.
- Meanwhile, an updated guide on Quarantine measures for travellers arriving from overseas during pandemic of COVID-19 has been released on 15 July 2021. The updated guide will be effective for travellers arriving in Sri Lanka from 17 July 2021 onwards.