ENTERING RECOVERY PHASE
A revised timeline for public activities has been issued.
- A revised timeline for public activities has been released to be enforced, whereby all activities would have to comply with the requirements stated in the timeline.
- Under the revised timelines, the activities have been divided into four categories, including no operations, higher restrictions (operational capacity to be capped within 50%), restricted (operational capacity to be capped within 75%) and normal operations. The operations shall also comply with the general measures, including wearing face masks, hand washing, physical distancing and respiratory etiquette.
- Under the timeline, various activities, including education activities, gatherings for social functions (e.g. parties/event, public gatherings), recreation activities (cinemas, theatres, carnivals, musical shows, beach parties) will be prohibited.
- Besides, restaurants are only allowed to be operate at 50% for dining in service, whereby a maximum of 50% of the total seating capacity can be allowed.
- The timeline will be operated from 04 October – 31 October 2020.
- At the same time, following the re-emergence of COVID-19 cases, curfew has been imposed to a few areas in the Gampaha, Kelaniya and Negambo Police Divisions until further notice. In the curfew-imposed areas, essential outlets, including pharmacies and essential food items distribution outlets are allowed to remain open until 8:00pm. Besides, only one person per household will be allowed to go out to purchase essential items.