RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
South Korea plans to offer COVID-19 booster shots from October.
- On 30 August 2021, it was reported that the government plans to offer COVID-19 booster shots from October onwards.
- The booster shots will be first targeted for individuals with weakened immune systems or deemed to be at high risk, such as elderly and medical personnel.
- The booster shots will then gradually expanded to other individuals following recommendations and decisions by health authorities.
- Currently, the social distancing rules continue until 5 September 2021.
- An overview of the current social distancing stage can be accessed on the Ministry of Health and Welfare Website.