RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Tightening of border measures & release of circular relating to food industry.
- On 4 June 2021, Singapore’s Multi-Ministry Taskforce announced the tightening of border measures for travellers from Guangdong province, Mainland China, considering the rise in reported COVID-19 cases there.
- These tightened border measures will be introduced from 5 June 2021,11:59pm onwards, and includes the following:
- Singapore Citizens (SCs), Permanent Residents (PRs), and Long-Term Pass holders entering Singapore with travel history to Guangdong province within the last 21 days before departure to Singapore, will undergo an on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test, a 7- day Stay Home Notice (SHN) at their place of residence, and a COVID-19 PCR test before the end of the SHN period;
- Short-term travellers holding an Air Travel Pass (ATP) with travel history to Guangdong province within the last 21 days before departure for Singapore, will not be permitted to enter Singapore.
- On 28 May 2021, the Singapore Food Agency (SFA) released a circular to the food industry regarding the following:
- Maintenance of high standards of sanitation and personal hygiene;
- Ensuring safe management measures;
- Implementing precautionary measures for cargo deliveries.
- Refer here for more information on this circular.