ENTERING RECOVERY PHASE
Ministerial Statement on refreshed economic strategy and enhanced support measures has been released.
- On 05 October, the Deputy Prime Minister, Coordinating Minister for Economic Policies and Minister for Finance, Mr Heng Swee Keat, delivered a Ministerial Statement regarding the refreshed economic strategy and enhanced support measures for Singapore.
- Building on the industry transformation maps, the refreshed economic strategy is focusing on
- Remaking Singapore as a Global-Asia node of technology, innovation and enterprise
- Redoubling efforts to foster inclusive growth
- Investing in economic resilience and sustainability as a source
- Besides, enhanced support measures, including continued and new supports for workers and jobs through various aspects had been included ;
- Extension of support for wages
- Jobs growth incentive for new local hire
- Extension of Enhanced Training Support Package
- Extension of Temporary Bridging Loan Programme
- Adjustment of support for Enterprise Financing Scheme
- Enhancement of capability-building grants for businesses