ENTERING RECOVERY PHASE
Government announced the start of Phase Three reopening from 28 December 2020.
- To continue to support further resumption of activities, the government announced further reopening of activities in the community from 28 December 2020, including the following:
- Social gatherings are permitted up to 8 persons and households can receive up to 8 visitors at any point in time. To limit the likelihood of spread, the government continues to encourage groups to be kept small and among those of regular contacts.
- Attraction sites can increase operating capacity from 50% to 65% with measures in place to prevent crowding.
- To achieve high rate of vaccination for the population, the government has laid out plans to ensure accessibility of the vaccine and has made provisions for all Singaporeans and long-term residents to get vaccinated by end-2021.
- On 15 December, the Ministry of Trade and Industry announced the initiative to reopen borders to facilitate essential global business exchanges and support the revival of Singapore’s air hub status and hospitality sector. The initiative Connect@Singapore will allow travellers to stay up to 14 days and applications will open in the middle of January 2021.