RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Going back to phase 2 heightened alert.
- On 20 July 2021, Singapore’s Multi-Ministry Taskforce (MTF) announced a return to phase 2 (heightened alert) in view of the rising COVID-19 cases in Singapore, from 22 July till 18 August. These measures will be reviewed after two weeks of implementation, and some key pointers include:
- Permissible group size for social gatherings will be reduced from five to two individuals;
- Only two distinct visitors are allowed per household per day;
- Work-from-home continues to be the default arrangement;
- F&B establishments will only be allowed to offer takeaway and delivery options;
- Mandatory SafeEntry check-in at wet markets and hawker centres island-wide.
- On 14 July 2021, Singapore’s MTF announced an update of border measures for Myanmar, and it mentions that:
- All long-term pass holders and short-term visitors with recent travel history (including transit) to Myanmar within the last 21 days will not be allowed entry into Singapore, or transit via Singapore, with effect from 15 July, 11.59 pm onwards.
- On 10 July 2021, Singapore’s MTF announced an update of border measures for Indonesia, and it includes:
- A reduction in entry approvals for Non-Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents travelling from Indonesia with immediate effect;
- Travellers with travel history to Indonesia within the last 21 days will not be allowed to transit through Singapore, with effect from 12 July, 11.59 pm onwards;
- Travellers entering Singapore with travel history to Indonesia must present a valid negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 48 hours before departure for Singapore, with effect from 12 July, 11.59 pm onwards.