RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Re-opening of Laos Borders in three phases
- On 23 December 2021, Laos Borders are reopening in three phases. The timeline for the three phases are:
- Phase 1: 1 January to 30 March
- Phase 2: 1 April to 30 June
- Phase 3: 1 July onwards
- More countries of origin and destinations will be added at each phase. The list of countries allowed in first phase of reopening are nations in Southeast Asia and Europe, as well as Australia, Canada, China and the USA.
- Green Travel Zones have a vaccination rate of at least 70% and will be opened to visits from tourists, with the areas being LuangPrabang, Vientiane Capital and Vang Vieng in this first phase.
- Green Travel Trails are yet to reach this vaccination rate, with the areas being Oudomxay, Xayaboury, Xieng Khouang, Khammouane and Champasak
- Green Travel Trails are expected to become Green Travel Zones from April 2022