RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
The new community quarantine classification list was announced.
- On 1 July, the President Rodrigo Duterte announced that the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) will be retained for Cebu City due to its’increasing number of COVID-19 cases. Cebu City will remain under ECQ until 15 July.
- In addition, the rest of the countries will remain under either General Community Quarantine (GCQ) or Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ).
- The activities of the country will continue to be governed by the latest Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines.
IMPACT ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- Under GCQ, businesses and employees involved in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, food manufacturing and food supply chain businesses (supermarkets, grocery stores, food preparation establishments for take-away & delivery only, food delivery services) are allowed to operate at full operational capacity. However, restaurants and cafes are only allowed to operate with 30% venue capacity and the operation shall strictly adhere to the social distancing protocols.
- Under MGCQ, the abovementioned businesses are allowed to operate at full operational capacity with higher relaxation given to the venue capacity for restaurants. A maximum of fifty percent (50%) of seating capacity has been given to the restaurants and cafes for the operations.
- As compared to GCQ and MGCQ, stricter restrictions are enforced for ECQ,
– Under ECQ, food preparation establishments are only allowed to operate for take-out and delivery services, and establishments involved in the food production are only allowed to operate at a maximum of 50% operational capacity, unless a higher operational capacity is authorized by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).