RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
The City of Davao and City of Laoag have been placed under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) and Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) respectively.
- On 20 November, the government announced immediate enforcement of General Community Quarantine (GCQ) for City of Davao.
- Previously, Metro Manila and other areas, including Batangas for Luzon, Bacolod City and Tacloban City for Visayas, Iligan City for Mindanao, City of Iloilo and Lanao del Sur have been placed under GCQ from November 1 to 30. The City of Davao has been placed under GCQ following the rise of COVID-19 cases in the city.
- Meanwhile, on 26 November, it was reported that the City of Laoag will be placed under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) starting from 27 November until the spike of COVID-19 cases is contained.
- On 19 November, the government issued the amended Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines. All activities shall comply with the latest guidelines throughout the quarantine.
IMPACT ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- Under MECQ, dining establishments and restaurants are only allowed to operate for take-out and delivery services. Establishments involved in the food production are allowed to operate at full operational capacity, excluding manufacturing industries classified as beverages, such as alcoholic drinks. These industries are only allowed to operate at a maximum of 50% operational capacity, while encouraging work-from-home and other flexible work arrangements where applicable.
- Under GCQ, businesses and employees involved in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, food manufacturing and food supply chain businesses (supermarkets, grocery stores, food preparation establishments for take-away & delivery only, food delivery services) are allowed to operate at full operational capacity. However, restaurants and cafes are only allowed to operate with 30% venue capacity and the operation
- Under MGCQ, similar to GCQ, all the businesses and employees involved in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, food manufacturing and food supply chain businesses (supermarkets, grocery stores, food preparation establishments for take-away & delivery only, food delivery services) to operate at full operational capacity with relaxation given to the venue capacity for restaurants. A maximum of fifty percent (50%) of seating capacity has been given to the restaurants and cafes for the operations. shall strictly adhere to the social distancing protocols.