RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Extension of GCQ status in NCR Plus.
- On 1 June 2021, it was reported that the general community quarantine (GCQ) status in the National Capital Region Plus (NCR Plus), including Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal will be extended to 15 June 2021.
- Areas under the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), including Abra, Baguio City, Kalinga, Mountain Province; Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, and Quirino in Region 2; Batangas and Quezon in Region 4-A; Iligan City in Region 10, Davao City in Region 11, and Lanao del Sur and Cotabato City in Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) will also placed under GCQ until 30 June
- The City of Santiago and Cagayan in Region 2; Apayao, Benguet, and Ifugao in CAR; Puerto Princesa in Region 4-B; Iloilo City in Region 6; and Zamboanga City, Zamboanga Sibugay, Zamboanga del Sur and Zamboanga del Norte in Region 9; Cagayan de Oro City in Region 10; and Butuan City and Agusan del Sur in Caraga will be placed under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) classification from 1 June 2021 to 15 June 2021
- The rest of the country shall be put under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) until 30 June 2021.
- However, in Laoag City, dine-in services of all food establishments have been temporarily banned from 1 June 2021 until further notice, but the business still allow to operate with delivery and take-out services or operate an outdoor dining area at 50 percent maximum venue capacity.
- Starting 5 June 2021, it was reported that Davao City will be placed under the MECQ while GenSan City will be placed under GCQ until 20 June 2021 and 30 June 2021 respectively.
- The latest Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines has been updated on 20 May 2021 to provide guidelines regarding the activities allowed at the different levels of community quarantine.
IMPACT ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- Under GCQ, businesses and employees involved in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, food manufacturing and food supply chain businesses (supermarkets, grocery stores, food preparation establishments for take-away & delivery only, food delivery services) are allowed to operate at full operational capacity. Restaurants and cafes are only allowed to operate with 30% venue capacity.
- Under MGCQ, similar to GCQ, all the businesses and employees involved in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, food manufacturing and food supply chain businesses (supermarkets, grocery stores, food preparation establishments for take-away & delivery only, food delivery services) are allowed to operate at full operational capacity. A maximum of fifty percent (50%) of seating capacity has been given to the restaurants and cafes for the operations.