RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Extension of GCQ status in NCR Plus.
- On 29 June 2021, it was reported that the general community quarantine (GCQ) status in the National Capital Region Plus (NCR Plus), including Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal will be extended to 15 July 2021.
- However, Metro Manila, Rizal and Bulacan will be placed under GCQ “with some restrictions” while the remaining two will be under GCQ “with heightened restrictions”.
- Gyms/fitness centers at 40% capacity and other indoor sports courts at 50% capacity, as well as historical sites and museums at 40% capacity will be allowed in GCQ “with some restrictions”
- Ifugao province, City of Santiago, Guimaras, Aklan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Antique, Capiz, Zamboanga Sibugay, City of Zamboanga, Agusan del Norte, Surigao del Norte and Agusan del Sur are also placed under GCQ from 1 July 2021 to 15 July 2021, while the GCQ status imposed in Baguio City, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Batangas, Quezon, Ilagan City, General Santos City, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani, Cotabato, South Cotabato, and Cotabato City will until 31 July 2021.
- Cagayan, Apayao, Bataan, Lucena City, Puerto Princesa, Naga City, Iloilo City, Iloilo, Negros Oriental, Zambaogan del Sur, Zamboanga del Norte, Cagayan de Oro City, Davao City, Butuan City, Dumagat Islands, and Surigao del Sur will be placed under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) from 1 – 31 July 2021, while Davao Oriental, Davao Occidental, Davao de Oro, Davao del Sur, and Davao del Norte will be placed under MECQ until 15 July 2021.
- Individual outdoor exercises are allowed within general areas of their residences.
- The rest of the country shall be put under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ).
- Non-contact sports are allowed in MGCQ areas.
- Outdoor dining with 50% capacity allowed in MGCQ and GCQ areas.
IMPACT ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- Under GCQ, businesses and employees involved in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, food manufacturing and food supply chain businesses (supermarkets, grocery stores, food preparation establishments for take-away & delivery only, food delivery services) are allowed to operate at full operational capacity. Restaurants and cafes are only allowed to operate with 30% venue capacity.
- Under MGCQ, similar to GCQ, all the businesses and employees involved in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, food manufacturing and food supply chain businesses (supermarkets, grocery stores, food preparation establishments for take-away & delivery only, food delivery services) are allowed to operate at full operational capacity. A maximum of fifty percent (50%) of seating capacity has been given to the restaurants and cafes for the operations.