RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Stay at home order issued for Yangon region.
- On 20 September, the Ministry of Health and Sports issued order number 107/2020 on the stay at home order for Yangon region.
- Workers in the food, poultry, fish & seafood, frozen businesses, production and distributions of medicine and medical devices, production and distribution of drinking water, daily consumer good factories are excluded from the stay at home order.
- Only authorised vehicles that transport passengers to work places are allowed to pass through the townships.
- The order came into effect from 8am on 21 September.
- The National-Level Central Committee for Prevention, Control and Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 is making plans on food rations distribution to households in Yangon in the event that the stay at home order does not effectively control the spread in Yangon, which accounts for two-thirds of the current infection cases.
IMPACT ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- The exemption for worker movement does not extend to workers in logistics and supply chain related industries.
- The Ministry of Transport and Communications has put forward the request to the National Level Committee for Prevention, Control and Treatment of COVID-19 to permit employees of companies with operations at airport, ports to be exempted from the stay at home order.