ENTERING RECOVERY PHASE
The government issued a new and expanded list of returnees exempted from paying fees for quarantine.
- On 20 August, the Health Ministry released a new and expanded list of Malaysians exempted from paying fees for quarantine. The list include the following individuals;
- Returnee who is holding disability card issued under Persons with Disabilities Act 2008
- Malaysian from B40 group
- A Malaysian (parents/spouses/children aged 18 and below) of a Malaysian in B40 group returning together from overseas
- Malaysian student from B40 family
- Malaysian aged 6 and below
- Malaysian aged 12 and below returning alone
- Malaysian returning immediately from prison released abroad or Malaysian who has no income source
- The definition of B40 will be further defined by the Finance Minister.