ENTERING RECOVERY PHASE
The government imposed entry ban on citizens of countries recording more than 150,000 cases of COVID-19.
- Starting from 7 September, an entry ban will be imposed to the foreign travellers who are travelling from countries that recorded over 150,000 COVID-19 cases.
- The entry restrictions apply to travellers who hold long-term passes from Malaysia, including
- Permanent residents
- Malaysia My Second Home Program (MM2H) pass holders
- All expatriates
- Resident pass holders
- Spouse/Child of Malaysians with long-term social visit pass
- Student pass holders
- Temporary Employment pass holders
- However, exemptions have been given to a few categories including but not limited to Diplomats and their dependents who are eligible under the Exemption Order, Ship crew members who involved in sign-on/joint-ship and sign off activities and flight crew members for commercial/private flights