ENTERING RECOVERY PHASE
Japan to lift state of emergency for all prefectures.
- On 28 September 2021, the central government announced the lifting of state of emergency in the country.
- The state of emergency will expire on 30 September.
- By lifting the state of emergency,
- The number of spectators allowed in major sporting events will be raised to 10,000;
- Restaurants and drinking establishments will continue be asked to close by 8pm for about a month after the state of emergency is lifted;
- Restaurants and drinking establishments will no longer be asked to refrain from serving alcohol.