RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
The government announced changes to the state of emergency among the various prefectures.
- The quasi-state of emergency in three prefectures, including Gunma, Ishikawa and Kumamoto, will be lifted on 13 June 2021.
- The state of emergency in nine prefectures, including Tokyo, Hokkaido, Aichi, Kyoto, Osaka, Hyogo, Okayama, Hiroshima and Fukuoka, will be lifted on 20 June 2021, and will be shifted to quasi-state of emergency until 11 July 2021 (with the exception of Okayama and Hiroshima).
- However, Okinawa will remain under the restrictions for state of emergency until 11 July 2021.
- Alcohol can now be served until 7 pm while restaurants will continue its operations but have to close by 8 pm.
- Sports games and concerts must not surpass the 50% venue capacity.
- On 15 June 2021, in light of the Tokyo Olympics, the government announced its consideration to place Tokyo under the quasi-state of emergency during the Olympics which starts from 23 July 2021.