RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Japan expanded state of emergency to 8 more prefectures.
- On 25 August 2021, it was reported that the central government is set to declare
- The state of emergency in 8 more prefectures, which will be Hokkaido, Miyagi, Gifu, Aichi, Mie, Shiga, Okayama and Hiroshima from 27 August 2021 to 12 September 2021.
- Previously, the state of emergency was imposed to 13 prefectures, including Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, Osaka, Okinawa, Ibaraki, Tochigi, Gunma, Shizuoka, Kyoto, Hyogo and Fukuoka.
- With the expansion, there will be 21 prefectures placed under the state of emergency until 12 September.
- At the same time, quasi-state of emergency will be extended to another four prefectures, including Kochi, Saga, Nagasaki and Miyazaki.
- Under the state of emergency, restaurants are requested
- Not to serve alcohol;
- Not to offer karaoke;
- To close by 8 p.m.