RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
The Ministry of Health issued new guidance regarding the prevention of COVID-19 in the workplace in the ‘new normal’.
- The guidance is prescribed in the Minister of Health Decree Number HK.01.07/MENKES/328/2020 on Guidelines on Prevention and Control of COVID-19 in Office and Industrial Workplaces to Support Business Sustainability in Pandemic Situation. The goal is to keep companies running effectively despite the current pandemic.
- The guidelines for workplaces during the Large Scale Social Restriction (PSBB) included the following:
– Constantly monitor and update the development of information about COVID-19 in its area
– Form a COVID-19 handling team in the workplace that consists of leadership, staffing, HSE and health officers with reinforcement by a decree from the leadership of the workplace.
– Employer to provide policies and procedures for workers to make a report every time there is a suspected case of COVID-19 with symptoms to be monitored by health workers, and to not stigmatise positive cases.
- Management must also determine essential workers who need to keep working or come to work, as well as workers who can work from home. Management must measure the worker’s body temperature by using thermo gun at the entrance of the workplace. Moreover, prior to entering work, a Self-Assessment Form on COVID-19 Risk must be filled up by employees to ensure that workers that come to work are not infected by the COVID-19.
IMPACT ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- The guidance is intended as a reference for manager / management of workplaces in government agencies, private companies, State-Owned Enterprises (BUMN), Provincial and District / City Health Services.
- This guidelines can be developed by each workplace in accordance with their needs.