RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
The Government revokes ban on exporting Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- On 17 June 2020, Ministry of Trade Regulation No. 57/2020 on the export of mask raw materials, masks, and personal protection equipment (PPE) was released.
- The newly enacted regulation states the following:
– Considering the availability of the national stock, the Ministry of Trade revokes ban on PPE as stated in the Ministry of Trade’s regulation No. 23/2020 in conjunction with regulation No. 34/2020 concerning Temporary Prohibition on export of antiseptic, mask’s raw material, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and masks.
- The regulation came into force on 19 June 2020, two days after the release of the regulation.
Jakarta Governor imposes odd-even policy in traditional markets.
- Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan mentioned that 153 traditional markets in Jakarta is to operate under an odd-even system during the capital’s transitional large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) period.
- The implementation of the system was to limit the level of interaction between traders and their customers in traditional markets amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The implementation of the odd-even policy will be based on traders’ market stall numbers, whereby traders whose market stall numbers end in an odd number will only be allowed to operate on odd-numbered dates and vice versa. The system has been imposed since 5 June.