RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Public activity restrictions (PPKM) extended to 8 February 2021.
- The Ministry of Domestic Affairs Instruction No. 1/2021 on the implementation of activities restriction to curb the spread of COVID-19 was issued on 6 January 2021. The mobility curbs for a few regional administrations in Java and Bali were enforced from 11 to 25 January 2021.
- On 22 January 2021, the Ministry of Domestic Affairs Instruction No. 2/2021 on extension of the government’s PPKM was issued and was enforced from 26 January 2021. The restrictions included in the previous instruction continues to be enforced, including the following:
- Conduct work from home as much as 75% of workers’ total work hours, except for workers in the essential sectors which are allowed at 100% capacity with strict health protocols
- Close restaurants and malls by 8pm
- Operate restaurants and eateries at 25% of the total venue capacity
- Conduct school classes virtually
- The authority will continue to monitor the results from the restrictions that are carried out within these four consecutive weeks to determine the need to carry on these restrictions.