RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Jakarta administration revoked policy of a transitional Large-Scale Social Restriction (PSBB).
- The Jakarta Governor Decree No. 959/2020 on the implementation of Large-Scale Social Restriction (PSBB) in the handling COVID-19 in Jakarta was issued. The decree revoked the policy on transitional PSBB to return to the stricter measures.
- For the period between 14 September and 27 September, workers are required to work from home, with the exemption of the 11 essential business categories listed in the decree.
- The PSBB status may be extended to 11 October in the event that the number of infected cases continues to rise.
- Jakarta Governor Regulation No. 88/2020 which is an amended to the Governor Decree No. 33/2020 issued in April on the implementation of the PSBB policy was also issued on the same day.
IMPACT ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- The exemption for restrictions on the workplace operations includes those in the following sectors:
- Food and beverages, logistics, healthcare, energy, communication and information technology, finance, hospitality, construction, strategic industry, daily necessities, basic services, public utilities and other designated industries.
- Food services are only limited to takeaways.