RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Implementation of Community Activity Restrictions (PPKM) resumed in Java-Bali region.
- The implementation of PPKM in Java-Bali region will take effect from 31 August to 6 September.
- Situation in Jakarta has seen improvement and the capital is easing restrictions over the coming weeks. Schools have resumed faceto-face classes since 30 August with classes capped at 50% of the usual capacity on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Students that are above 12 and teachers are required to be vaccinated.
- In Jakarta, employees in manufacturing sector are allowed to go to work if they have completed the vaccination.
- Amidst the implementation of PPKM in Java and Bali, there have been gradual easing of lockdown restrictions, such as allowing restaurants and places of worship to operate at 25% capacity and malls to operate at 50% capacity. Besides Java and Bali, these relaxation of measures are also introduced in greater Jakarta, greater Bandung and greater Surabaya.
- In other areas such as Aceh, Lampung, Riau and North Sumatera, cases remain high and these areas are placed under the strictest restrictions at level 4 until 6 September.