RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Government extended the implementation of community-level public activity restrictions (PPKM Level 4) to 9 August.
- 12 cities went down from level 4 to level 3 and one district dropped from level 3 to level 2.
- Local governments are given more authority than the central governments to manage the restrictions in areas that are at level 3 and 2 whereas areas under level 4 are strictly controlled by the central government.
- On 2 August, the Ministry of Home Affairs issued Instruction No. 27 of 2021 concerning the implementation of community-level public activity restrictions for level 4, 3 and 2 of COVID-19 in Java and Bali.
- Critical sector includes logistics, transportation and distribution sectors, as well as food and beverages and the supporting sectors, including livestock, fertilisers and petrochemicals. These sectors can operate at 100 percent capacity for production facility and office administration services to support operations is capped at 25 percent capacity.
- Travellers to agglomerated areas such as Jakarta and its surroundings are not required to show negative COVID-19 test results and they are required to show a Worker Registration Certificate (STRP) or other travel certificate, such as signed letter of assignment.
- With the vaccines that are less effective at preventing the spread of the delta variant, government is channelling focus to control the spread of infection on the ground rather than depending on vaccination alone and herd immunity.
- The government is putting together combination of vaccines, mask mandates and movement restrictions to bring down the infection cases.