RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
‘‘Unlock 2’’ continues in place until 31 July, 2020.
- The phase ‘‘Unlock 2’’ continues in place and all activities shall adhere to the requirements as stipulated in the Guidelines for Phased Re-opening (Unlock 2), including
– All activities in areas outside Containment Zones will be permitted, excluding the prohibited activities such as academic, entertainment, sports, social, political, religious-related events.
– Night curfew will continue be imposed between 10:00pm to 05:00am throughout the country, except for essential activities.
– Lockdown remains in the Containment Zones until 31 July, 2020 and only essential activities will be allowed, where no movement of people in or out of these zones, except for medical emergencies and for maintaining supply of essential goods and services.
- At the same time, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW) published video guides to advice public on the appropriate behaviours to prevent COVID-19. The videos are available in both English and Hindi.
IMPACT ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- For food sector, the food manufacturing activities remain unhampered. In addition, based on the Guidelines for Phased Re-opening (Unlock 2) , there shall be no restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods. No additional approval/permission will be required for these forms of movements.