RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
India: The Prompt & Effective Containment Measures for COVID-19 extended
- On 27 December 2021, the Ministry of Home Affairs issued an order to extend the enforcement of the Prompt & Effective Containment Measures for COVID-19 which previously issued on 28 September.
- The extension will remain in force until 31 January 2022.
- To recap, a summary of the order is given below:
- The measures stipulated under Annexure I shall be strictly fulfilled, prescribing a normative framework for taking evidence based containment measures at district/local level. The two main criteria to facilitate decision making include
- Test positive of 10% or more in the last one week OR
- Bed occupancy of 40% or more on oxygen supported or ICU beds
- The measures stipulate1 d under Annexure I include
- Containment: imposing night curfew, strict regulation of large gatherings, and curtailing number of people
- Testing and surveillance: testing as per ICMR and MoHFW guidelines
- Clinical Management: existing National Clinical Management Protocol remains unchanged for Omnicron
- Vaccination: ensure 100% vaccination coverage of left out first and second dose eligible beneficiaries in an accelerated manner as well as strengthening door-to-door vaccination campaign
- Community engagement and Covid Appropriate Behaviour: Ensure advance engagement, transparent communication on hospital and testing infrastructure availability
- The National Directives for COVID-19 Management (Annexure II) shall be strictly fulfilled. All the District Magistrates shall strictly enforce the relevant measures. For the enforcement of social distancing, State/UT Governments may, as far as possible, use the provisions of Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) of 1973.