RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
The Guidelines for Phased Re-opening (Unlock 2) has been announced.
- Following the end of ‘‘Unlock 1’’ phase, on 29 June, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) announced the Guidelines for Phased Re-opening (Unlock 2). According to the Guidelines for Phased Re-opening (Unlock 2), a few key measures are summarised as below:
– All activities in areas outside Containment Zones will be permitted, excluding the prohibited activities such as academic, entertainment, sports, social, political, religious-related events.
– Night curfew will continue be imposed between 10:00pm to 05:00am throughout the country, except for essential activities.
– Lockdown remains in the Containment Zones until 31 July, 2020 and only essential activities will be allowed, where no movement of people in or out of these zones, except for medical emergencies and for maintaining supply of essential goods and services.
- In addition, the National Directives for COVID-19 Management shall continue remain in force throughout the country.
IMPACT ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- For food sector, the food manufacturing activities remain unhampered.
- In addition, based on the Guidelines, there shall be no restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods. No additional approval/permission will be required for these forms of movements.