ENTERING RECOVERY PHASE
New Guidelines for COVID-19 has been issued.
- On 27 January 2021, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) introduced new Guidelines on Surveillance, Containment and Caution and all activities shall adhere to the requirements as stipulated in the guidelines from 1 February to 28 February 2021.
- The requirements include but not limited to:
- Practicing COVID appropriate behavior such as mask wearing, practicing hand hygiene and social distancing.
- The National Directives for COVID-19 Management which highlights directives for appropriate practices and directives for work places shall be followed.
- Containment Zones shall be carefully demarcated by the authorities and the containment measures shall be followed as per instructed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW). In the Containment Zones, all activities shall adhere to the requirements, including but not limited to only essential activities are permitted, no movements of people in or out of these zones with the exception of medical emergencies and travel for maintaining supply of essential goods/services.
- All activities in areas outside Containment Zones will be permitted, excluding the following activities with specific requirements
- Operation of swimming pools is subject to a revised SOP to be issued by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Operation of cinemas/theatres will subject to a revised SOP to be issued by Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
- Social/educational/sports/entertainment/cultural/religious-related events subject to relevant SOP of the State/UT
- Operation of exhibition halls will subject to a revised SOP to be issued by the Department of Commerce
- No restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods, including those for cross land-border trade.