ENTERING RECOVERY PHASE
New Guidelines for COVID-19 has been enforced for December.
- On 25 November, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) introduced Guidelines on Surveillance, Containment and Caution and all activities shall adhere to the requirements as stipulated in the guidelines from 1 December to 31 December.
- The requirements include but not limited to:
- Practicing COVID appropriate behavior such as mask wearing, practicing hand hygiene and social distancing.
- Containment Zones shall be carefully demarcated by the authorities and the List of Containment Zones shall be notified online.
- In the Containment Zones, all activities shall adhere to the requirements, including but not limited to only essential activities are permitted, no movements of people in or out of these zones with the exception of medical emergencies and travel for maintaining supply of essential goods/services, quick isolation of COVID-19 patients.
- All activities in areas outside Containment Zones will be permitted, excluding the following activities with specific requirements
- International air travel as permitted by MHA
- Swimming pools will be allowed to operate, however, swimming pools can only be used for training of sportsman.
- Cinemas/theatres/multiplexes will be permitted to operate up to 50% of the total seating capacity
- Other facilities and activities, such as exhibition halls will only be permitted for business to business (B2B) purposes
- Social/academic/sports/entertainment/cultural/religious-related events which has been permitted with maximum 200 people in closed spaces. However, this requirement is subject to changes made by local authority.
- All activities shall adhere to the SOPs stipulated under the Guidelines on Surveillance, Containment and Caution.
- The local government may impose restrictions on certain activities outside the Containment Zones, as deemed necessary.