RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
India MHA extended Order dated 29 June 2021.
- On 28 August 2021, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) extended Order dated 29 June 2021 regarding COVID-19 management.
- The extension will remain in force until 30 September 2021.
- This Order directs various parties to consider implementing targeted and prompt actions for COVID-19 management to ensure uniformity in relaxation of COVID-19 measures and restrictions.
- Some key highlights from the Order include:
- States/UTs may identify districts which require highest level of restrictions;
- States should focus on implementation of Test-Track-Treat-Vaccinate and adherence to COVID Appropriate Behaviour.
- Districts may be allowed to relax restrictions depending on the weekly COVID-19 case positivity or bed occupancy rates;
- Restrictions once imposed shall remain in force for a minimum period of 14 days;
- Vaccination shall be prioritised for priority groups and hubs of economic activity.
- The full order can be accessed here.