RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
Government relaxes COVID-19 control measures.
- With the improvement of the COVID-19 situation in the country, the control measures are eased.
- Transit passengers are allowed at the Suvarnabhumi airport and travellers have to show the fit-to-fly and certified Covid-free, as well as health insurance documents. The transit cannot exceed 12 hours and they are not allowed to go beyond the designated area in the terminal during the transit. They would not need to go through the COVID-19 screening.
- Alcohol can be served in restaurants and pubs in Bangkok up to 11pm
- Entertainment outlets can resume operation up to 11pm
- Outdoor fitness parks and fitness centres can resume operation
- Conventions are allowed with a limit of 300 participants and permission is required for more participants
- The control measures are assigned according to the COVID-19 situation in the provinces. Samut Sakhon remains as a province classified under “maximum controlled area”.
- With the preparation for the vaccination drive that is taking place soon, the announcement was made to extend the Emergency Decree until the end of March. This allows the government to enforce control measures without going through the approvals from other agencies.