On 28 April, the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) updated on the relaxation for certain businesses to reopen in May.
- While there are certain relaxation measures, the state of emergency in the country will continue until the end of May, including the measures under it, namely curfew from 10pm to 4am, prohibition on mass gatherings, restrictions on inter-provincial travel and strict controls on inbound arrivals into Thailand.
On 29 April, Bangkok announced that the following eight types of venues will be allowed to resume operations:
– Restaurants (with the requirement to seat customers 1.5m apart)
– Market and flea market
– Sports and exercise facilities (only for activities that do not involve close interaction with people)
– Parks (no gathering is allowed)
– Hair salons and barber shops
– Pet grooming shops and hospitals
– Health clinics
– Golf courses and driving ranges