Multi-Ministry Taskforce allows for the gradual resumption of selected operations from 12 May, subject to the necessary safe management measures being in place.
- From 12 May 2020, the following will be allowed to resume operations:
– Manufacturing and onsite preparation of all food, including cakes and confectionery, ice cream, cocoa, chocolate and chocolate products, and other snacks
– Retail outlets of food, including cakes and confectionery, packaged snacks and desserts (for takeaway and delivery only)
– Home-based food businesses (only for delivery or collection)
– Retail laundry services
– Barbers and hairdressers (basic haircut services)
– Retail of pet supplies
- From 12 May 2020, all businesses and services that are in operation must come on board the SafeEntry system to log the check-in and check-out of employees and visitors.
IMPACT ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- As the government gradually reopens work premises sectors to operate, companies should put in place safe management practices as part of the operations. This means proactively identifying situations and practices which have higher infection risks, and implementing appropriate precautions and safeguards.