RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
On 28 May, the Central Committee on Prevention, Control and Treatment on COVID-19 announced on the extension of remaining virus prevention measures to 15 June.
- The Ministry of Health and Sports now allows gathering of five or more persons for the following settings:
– working at governmental departments, organisations, companies, factories and workshops
– public, private and monastic schools
– to hold meetings, discussions and classes at governmental departments, organisations, companies, factories and workshops in accordance to the health ministry guidelines
– eating at food shops which have been allowed to re-open as they follow the ministry’s guidelines
– working at essential jobs described in the Ministry of Labour, Immigration and Population
- Stay-at-home instructions at four townships in Yangon Region (Bahan, Pabedan, South Okkalapa and Tarmwe) have been lifted from 4pm onwards on 29 May.
- Domestic airlines are gradually resuming operations while international flights have been suspended until the end of May.