RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE
The National Central Committee for Prevention, Control, and Treatment of COVID-19 further extended temporary control measures to from 15 June to 30 June.
- The following measures are still in place:
– Compulsory wearing of face masks in public
– Yangon-wide curfew from 12am to 4am
– Lockdowns at Insein and Mayangone townships
– Gatherings of five persons or more, with exemptions including traveling to and from the workplace or hospital, trading at permitted markets and malls, transport of goods, court proceedings and funeral affairs.
- Dine-in services at food and beverage outlets are permitted by regional governments given the compliance with the health ministry guidelines.
- Businesses, including factories, hotels and restaurants, have been permitted to operate upon passing inspections.
- Schools will reopen in stages. Basic education schools will reopen from mid-July whereas high schools will reopen on 21 July, with primary and middle schools starting two weeks later.