On 28 March, the Prime Minister Shinzo Abe conducted a news conference on Japan’s response to the COVID-19.
A basic response policy stipulated in the New Corona Special Measures Law was announced. The main pillars of the measures focus on the following:
- Prevention of the infection spreads, development of medical provision system and therapeutic drugs
- Maintenance of employment and business continuity
- Recovery of economic activity
- Development of resilient economic structure
- Countermeasures for future usage
IMPACT ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
- New benefit system for small- and medium-sized businesses will be established to assist businesses.
- It is also noted that the government will develop a large-scale support measures as a public-private integrated campaign to recover the economic activity in Japan.